July 21, 2021
As part of our requirements to obtain Cyber-Liability Insurance, ISD #709 will implement additional technology procedures to help protect our data.
Internet security breaches, especially in school districts, have been on the rise and they can be extremely damaging and costly. Ransomware and locking down districts is increasing and cases have been reported across Minnesota. The availability of personal private data, as well as banking and financial information makes it critical that we do all we can to protect the District, and our employees.
One important requirement is for all ISD 709 employees to activate Google 2-Step Verification for use when logging into their District Google accounts, including email.
- In addition to using an individual password, each employee will choose one of four additional verifications to login.
- The 2nd verification provides an extra layer of proof of who is logging into the account.
Use of Google 2-Step Verification will be required for ALL STAFF beginning August 1. This is not optional.
- An email will provide step by step instructions on how to activate the authentication options that work best for you.
- Individual departments may receive additional email information related to how best to activate 2-Step Verification, and that information will start with department leaders.
Staff who do not have verification set-up will be locked out of their district Google account beginning August 1.
- Staff locked out after August 1 should contact the District Help Desk at 218-336-8732 to gain temporary access to their Google Account in order to activate the 2-Step protocol.
Again, please watch for an email with instructions for setting up your Google 2-Step Verification. If you have any issues or need support our District Help Desk will be staffed starting August 1.
Please be patient as we will have many staff members needing to activate. More information will also be available during our all staff-development time, posted on our district website and will be included in the Staff Back to School Packet going out in August.
Thank you in advance for activating this process and for all you do to protect our data and technology systems!
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.